- Escaping Utopia: Growing up in a Cult, Getting Out, and Starting Over - Lalich and McLaren
- Cult Recovery: A Clinician's Guide to Working with Former Members and Families - Goldberg, Goldberg, Henry and Langone (Editors)
- Take Back Your Life: Recovery from Cults and Abusive Relationships - Lalich and Tobias
- Born and Raised in a [Sect]: You are not alone - Dr Lois Kendall
- Terror, Love and Brainwashing: Attachment in cults and totalitarian systems - Dr Alexandra Stein
- Bounded Choice - Janja Lalich
- Freedom of Mind - Steven Hassan
- Combatting Cult Mind Control - Steven Hassan
- Traumatic Narcissism: Relational Systems of Subjugation - Daniel Shaw
- I Can’t Hear God Anymore: Life in a Dallas Cult (e-book)
- The Challenge to Heal: A Recovery Guide to help reclaim your life after leaving any High-Control Group - Bonnie Zieman (any of Bonnie's books may be helpful)
EnCourage Survivors of Cults and Abuse
EnCourage was set up to support former cult members. We currently subsidise therapy services (Post-Cult Counselling) when we have the funds. Your donation will go a long way toward survivors receiving the support they need and deserve. EnCourage is a UK registered charity (1104694).
Dare to Doubt
Check out this great website - the home page rightly states:
'Questioning faith takes courage. Leaving your religion can be life-shattering.
You may be experiencing varying stages of doubt, crisis, and recovery. You are not alone.'
The International Cultic Studies Association (ICSA) & Spiritual Abuse Resources (SAR)
Join ICSA and SAR, a program of ICSA, if you are interested in the cult and spiritual abuse recovery field. They are a great resource and network of: former cult members both 1G and SGAs; therapists; and academics – many of whom are experienced in researching and working in the cultic studies and cultic recovery field.
You can access scholarly articles on a wide range of cult related issues amongst other things. The membership is diverse thus bringing a number of approaches and opinions to the discussion table.
They also have an e-Book, Starting Out In Mainstream America
Faith to Faithless
'Faith to Faithless was founded in 2015 to raise awareness of apostasy and support those who have left religion in the UK. We stage regular panel discussion events and lectures across the UK as well as hosting apostate socials and peer support meetings.'
Safe Passage Foundation
For information and links for 2G cult leavers.
Exploring Christianity in a non-church setting.