We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time and suggest that you regularly check this page to ensure that you continue to be comfortable with the measures that we are taking to protect your privacy. This policy is effective from 1st June 2018. Any changes we make to this policy will be posted here.
By visiting www.hopevalleycounselling.com (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, the data controller is Gillie Jenkinson, Padley Knoll, Main Road, Grindleford, Hope Valley, S32 2HE. Any enquiries about this policy should be addressed to her.
We process your information for the following legitimate business interests:
- To provide you with information you have requested
- To invite you to appointments
- To send you billing or receipt information
For those making enquiries, the information we may collect and the time that we may keep it is shown below. If you become a client we will hold further information about you to enable us to provide our services and for legitimate business interests, and we will retain it for a longer period. The details are covered in our client agreement which will be provided at the commencement of therapy.
Information we may collect
You may give us information about you such as name, address and phone number, by filling in forms on this site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We keep this information for between 6 and 12 months from our latest contact with you so that it is available if you contact us again.
The only personal information tracked is the visitor's IP address, which is how Google determine the geolocation of the visitor, but this is not linked to an individual's name or other identifiable information.
You can find out more about Google Analytics here https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage
Uses made of the information
We will use your information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep this site safe and secure;
- internal record keeping – for example, client hours;
- to operate our business efficiently including financial records.
Disclosure of your information
All our dealings with you and any information that we have about you is confidential except when we may have a legal or ethical obligation to share, such as criminal activity, terrorism, radicalisation, money laundering and prevention of serious harm.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.