Introduction to counselling survivors of coercive and radical cultic groups & spiritual abuse
When: 28 / 29 September
Time: 10 am - 4:30pm each day
Location: Existential Academy
61 - 63 Fortune Green Rd, London NW6 1DR
Focus to understand cults, how they exist and their impact on an individual on a deeper level.
- What is a cult and why do definitions matter?
- Differences between First Generation Adults (joined) and Second & Multi-Generation Adults (born and/or raised)
- The cult mindset from Gestalt Psychotherapy theory perspective
- What is thought-reform (brainwashing) - a brief introduction
- What is the harm caused?
Participants will understand the recovery options available for survivors.
- The rationale for working with cult pseudo-personality
- Understanding cult related introjects
- What does recovery look like?
- The therapeutic relationship when working with former members and mistakes counsellors can make
- Consultancy on specific cases
CPD Certificates will be available.
Coming Soon! Hope Valley Therapist Training
We’ve recently had a flood of requests for therapist training to work with clients who have suffered in cults. A suite of Hope Valley programmes are now in development - suitable both for therapists looking for an introduction to the area and also those interested in extended CPD learning to be equipped to work with the Post-Cult Counselling model.
Supervision or consultancy is also available for therapists requiring support.
Register your interest by emailing us below, and we’ll keep you up to date regarding the training.